Gatimaan Express, India’s first semi-high speed train, has been launched today. It was flagged off by Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu. The new express train will operate between the national capital’s Hazrat Nizamuddin station and Agra Cantonment station. It will operate six days a week, except on Friday.
Indian Railways fastest train Gatimaan Express: Aiming at attracting tourits visiting the City of Taj, the Gatiman Express will run at a maximum speed of 160 km per hour covering the 200 km long distance in 100 minutes. “We are trying to provide the best service to passengers in the first semi-high speed train. While quality food with multiple choices will be offered to passengers, they will also be given free access to multimedia entertainment on their seats,” said a senior Railway Ministry official. He said hotspot devices have been installed at coaches to access multimedia services by passengers free of cost directly on their smartphones, tablets or laptops.
1. The fare for AC Chair Car is Rs 750
Rs.1500 for Executive AC Chair Car.
2. The on board catering on this train iby (IRCTC).
3. Equipped with a 5,500 HP electric locomotive
Two Executive AC Chair Cars
Eight AC Chair Car coaches,
4. Under this facility, passengers can view various entertaining videos during travel on their smart phone, tablets or laptops even without internet connection through WiFi.
5. High-power emergency braking system,
Automatic fire alarm,
GPS-based passenger information system
Sliding doors in the coaches.
Rail Hostess ..,
Some of its photos :